200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training Programme
Please contact Liz Richards for further information regarding future training courses & dates at The Ananta Yoga Studios.
Mob – 086 8963425
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
These trainings are currently led by David & Ruth Curtis who bring nearly 40 years of combined experience to their programme. It was the first Vinyasa training of its kind in Ireland and has been in existence for eleven years. This course has been run successfully in various locations throughout Ireland during this period and is considered to be one of the most comprehensive and professionally run programmes of its kind in both Ireland & Europe.
Our programme is designed for students who may already be serious practitioners and now want to deepen their understanding of how to practice and teach safely, and with inspiration. Learn to implement a strong and intelligent Self-practice. It is through constant and persistent practice that the seed of teaching is sown. When the practice then blossoms the flower of knowledge is ready to be shared. The primal virtues of correct practice are the trinity of; Power (Prana) and it’s cultivation, the Wisdom (Buddhi) needed to maintain it and the Love (Atman) needed to understand it’s correct use.
A large portion of the training is devoted to practice teaching using Vinyasa Krama (intelligent sequencing) from the lineage of Krishnamacharya (Guru of renowned teachers like BKS Iyengar and Sri K Pattabhi Jois). This will prepare those ready to teach the correct approach to sequencing and presenting a safe, effective and challenging class.
Why, if yoga is a therapy, are more and more students sustaining injuries? Learn how to maintain a powerful dynamic practice while keeping it safe and effective. The course gives extensive instruction in the theory and practice of yoga asana, basic kriya, breath, the art of teaching, and a practical overview of yogic and ayurvedic philosophy. Students and yoga instructors alike will find this course effective and comprehensive in its presentation. This training is designed to serve as a catalyst for intense and rapid growth. When you begin to teach, or think like a teacher your understanding will invariably deepen. However only through correct and persistent practice may this process begin. You will be led through this process with inspiration and confidence.
Theory and practice of Teaching:
- How to cultivate safety and intelligence as a teacher
- How to be a facilitator of sacred space for transformation
- Helping to turn confidence, clarity and innovation into tools for teaching
- Inspiring and motivating trust and fearlessness in your students
- How to teach all levels and all body types
- Discerning the use of modifications and variations
- Class types: teaching styles, level of difficulty, focus of the class
- Use of voice, body language and touch
- Principles of sequencing and creating routines
- Choreography versus Clarity
- How to market yourself as a teacher
- Introduction to Ayurveda – The Three Gunas, Tridoshas
- Samkhya Philosophy – Prakriti and Purusha – The 24 Tattvas
- Yoga of Patanjali – The Eight Limbs – and there practical application
Theory and practice of Asanas:
- Teaching a dynamic and inspiring class
- Precise Universal actions and alignment in blueprint postures
- Proper engagement of muscles and bones
- Establishing lines of energy
- Learning to see and understand bodies
- Understanding the 3 stabilizing junctions of the body
- Hands-on adjustments
- Designing a personal practice
- Cultivation of power (prana) through correct practice
- Finding the balance between Movement and Stillness
- Prevention and treatment of injuries
- Purpose and use of props
- Working with breath
- Functional Anatomy and Neurophysiology
Theory and Practice of Pranayama:
Conscious breathing requires tremendous sensitivity in order to properly direct life energy (Prana). Prana makes all physical, mental and spiritual life possible. It is the subtle thread that connects us with universal consciousness. Pranayama is a way of using the breath to receive, generate, distribute, and store this vital energy. These breathing techniques promote energized relaxation, calming of the mind and preparation for meditation.
We will introduce some or all of the following methods:
- Nadi suddhi