ʻExploring Mindfulness – Taming the Monkey Mind” with Freada McGoldrick – A six week course in Mindful Living
Please contact Freada McGoldrick for information re next course dates –
Tel: (087) 2186209
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This class is suitable for those who wish to explore Mindfulness and it’s benefits in their everyday life. It is a gentle class and can serve both as an introduction and a guide for those who have not experienced Mindfulness classes and is also suitable for those who have a practice already and want to touch base and explore different practices.
There are times whether at the grocery store or sitting in traffic that it’s astonishing to notice the pace and momentum daily life continues to gather and how more and more people seem to be running on automatic pilot.
Listening to people, life seems to be an unending list of ‘to dos,’ anxiety. Inner turmoil is the order of the day!
Now, if you’ve ever been to India you’ll know that it’s pretty chaotic, people milling around, cows, cars, monkeys, peacocks all sharing the same road –at the same time!! A visit to India is a sensuous feast, tastes and smells of exotic and subtle spices, vibrant colours of women in beautiful saris, lots and lots of chatter and noise. So, if it’s that chaotic how come people go to India to ‘ﬁnd themselves’ or for some ‘inner peace?’
Well, in my experience, that becomes obvious very quickly – it’s the people in India. They don’t get ‘caught’ in the chaos OR the feasting. They don’t get caught up in the story of the day or allow the events of their life to take over.
When we are being mindful we are fully present to what is happening in our life, the joys, the sorrow, the love, the laughter and tears, the beauty. We are awake, vibrant, alive and in the moment. We are fully present in our experiences but not taken over by them.
While we may not have the monkeys or peacocks sharing the same road as the traffic, or see cows roaming down the main street, we do have the ability to tame the monkey mind and free ourselves from getting entangled in our thoughts.
We don’t have to go to India or anywhere else in the world to ﬁnd what we have always had. It is available to us in a moment, when we just stop… breathe… let go allow our breath and body to be our inner compass,guiding us home.
Once we experience this, the ongoing discipline and commitment is to maintain this inner quiet while going about our daily routine.
Mindfulness is not new, it’s been popular in the East for centuries. “Taming The Monkey Mind” is a 6 week course to help you experience being mindful in your everyday life. It teaches you to maintain your sense of quiet, balance, and freedom.
If you can say ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, you will beneﬁt from this course:
- DOES YOUR DAY BEGIN AND END ON AUTOMATIC PILOT?
- DO YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF, ‘WHAT’S MY LIFE ALL ABOUT?’
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, BUT YOU BARELY HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT?
- ARE YOUR ANXIETY LEVELS ON THE INCREASE AND YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SELF ESTEEM DWINDLING?
- WHEN YOU SAY ‘NO’ DO YOU HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INSIDE YOUR HEAD WORRYING WHAT OTHERS MAY THINK OF YOU?
- DOES YOUR MIND REMIND YOU OF BEING ON A HAMSTER WHEEL -CONSTANTLY RUNNING BUT NOT REALLY GETTING ANYWHERE…?
TAKE A DEEP BREATH, SLOW IT DOWN, RELAX, LOOK AROUND YOU AND SMILE….. EVERYTHING… IS OK.
BENEFITS OF MINDFUL LIVING & MEDITATION -YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU
- Slow down
- Stop worrying so much about the past and the future
- Become richly engaged in the present moment
- Reduce your stress levels dramatically
- Trust yourself
- Choose your thoughts wisely
- Gently let go of inner force and resistance
- Experience honest and healthy relationships
Booking essential – Tel: (087) 2186209