300 Hour Vinyasa Krama Yoga Comprehensive Certified Practitioner Teacher Training Programme September 2020
300 Hour Vinyasa Krama Yoga Comprehensive Certified Practitioner Teacher Training Programme
Harmony Yoga UK & The Ananta Yoga Studios, Wicklow, Ireland are delighted to present –
Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Practitioner and Teacher Training Course – VKY PTTC
Commencing in September 2020,
Applications now being taken
This is Traditional Yoga
Yoga Sutra 1:1
This course offers a comprehensive training in authentic traditional Yoga, informed by teachings received directly over many years by lead teacher Stephen Brandon from Sri T. Krishnamacharya’s direct and most dedicated students. The course format is based on the original system and learning methodology which requires the passing down of teachings in an undiluted manner, teacher to student, in a transmission that is in concord with the source teachings.
This in depth and comprehensive course is the first programme of its kind in Europe. It offers interested, sincere and dedicated yoga students & teachers – of all levels and traditions of practice – a unique opportunity to participate in the revival, practice and future propagation of pure & authentic Classical Yoga teachings under the guidance of an extraordinarily gifted and knowledgeable teacher – Stephen Brandon of Harmony Yoga UK and his experienced faculty.
Stephen has been leading Teacher Trainings, Practitioners Programmes & Workshops throughout the UK & Europe since 2007 and has studied in this tradition for 20 years, directly with Srivatsa Ramaswami, A.G. & Indra Mohan, T.K Sribhashyam and T.K.V Desikachar (the latter two being sons of Krishnamacharya) and senior students of these teachers.
The following is a brief overview and presentation of the course.
In the two year Practitioners Course – you will first learn your craft and cultivate a strong and established self practice which will be backed up by in depth knowledge, understanding and embodiment of the principles of the philosophies and important texts which inform the practice. The Practitioners Course is open to all students who simply would like to develop a solid and well informed home practice and to explore the subject more deeply – but who do not necessarily wish to teach.
Those who aspire to teach the Vinyasa Krama method can then proceed into year three where the emphasis shifts to the art of teaching.
We believe this three year learning and integration period is the minimum requirement necessary for potentially teaching yoga to others. Yoga is a philosophy, a science and an art. If one were to study these subjects in university – it would require a minimum of three years to be equipped and qualified to teach them. Why should yoga be any different? The subject of yoga is vast. It is simply not possible to learn and teach it with integrity and right knowledge in a short period of time.
In the relatively unregulated domain of teacher training worldwide – there are many very short (from as little as two weeks to one month) and expensive 200 hour training programmes on offer. Standards of yoga teaching are falling worldwide and precious knowledge and information from the source teachings are being lost in programmes that do not allow time for integration and understanding to evolve.
It is our aim to ensure the highest teaching standards possible are maintained on this programme and that all students will receive a yoga education which is worthy of the great teachings it embraces.
Course participants will receive ongoing support and mentorship in one to one and group classes during & following this programme so that the seeds which are sown can blossom.
The next programme commences in September 2020 and is filling up fast. A full and detailed prospectus and information regarding dates & fees for the next training is available immediately upon application in pdf format via email or hard copies can be posted directly upon request.
Practitioner Training in traditional Yoga for healing, health and spiritual development.
STAGE 2 (Optional)
Teacher Training for individual and group class situations including therapeutic application of Yoga (optional).
Introductory weekend – “The Essentials of Vinyasa Krama Yoga”. (See date options below).
200 Hour Practitioner Training followed by an optional 100 Hour Teacher Training. (Course format will consist of Weekend Workshop Modules and 4 day Summer Schools in Wicklow, Ireland).
Please Note – Tutor contact, home study and practice on the combined Practitioner & Teacher Training Programme will exceed the 500 hour standard.
COURSE DURATION –
Two Year Practitioner Course – 200 contact hours
- Commences September 2020 – ends August 2022
One Year Teacher Training Course – 100 contact hours (optional – following the two year Practitioners Course)
- Commences September 2022 – Ends August 2023
Tuition fees available on application.
VENUE , DATES & TIMES
Venue – All pre-requisite workshops and training modules will take place at The Ananta Yoga Studios, 5 Wentworth Place, Wicklow, Ireland.
The next course commences in September 2020
Course format will consist of Weekend Workshop Modules and an annual 4 day Summer module.
Times for each weekend module will be:
- Friday evening 7.00pm – 9.30pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Sunday 9.30am – 4.30pmTimes for 4 Day summer modules will be:
- Day 1 – 3 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Day 4 9.30am – 4.30pm
INTRODUCTORY WEEKEND “The Essentials of Vinyasa Krama Yoga”
March 6th – 8th 2020
Please note – The Introductory “Essentials of Vinyasa Krama” weekend can be taken without prior commitment to the full Practitioner/Teacher Training Programme and are open to all students. This will allow you to meet the course tutors and help you make an informed decision regarding possible enrolment on the programme.
There is no obligation to commit to the full programme following the weekend. However – it is not possible to enrol on the full programme without having attended a pre-requisite weekend so it is strongly advised that interested students should book onto one of these with plenty of notice.
Priority for spaces in the Introductory weekends will be given to students who are already committed and enrolled on the the full programme.
Bookings for the introductory weekends can be made to Liz Richards (contact details below).
200 Hour Practitioner Training – Module Dates
- Module 1 September 4th, 5th & 6th 2020
- Module 2 November 6th, 7th & 8th 2020
- Module 3 February 26th, 27th & 28th 2021
- Module 4 April 16th, 17th & 18th 2021
- Module 5 May 28th, 29th & 30th 2021
- Module 6 August 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th 2021 (4 Day Summer School)
- Module 7 October 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2021
- Module 8 November 19th, 20th & 21st 2021
- Module 9 January 28th, 29th & 30th 2022
- Module 10 March 25th, 26th & 27th 2022
- Module 11 June 10th, 11th & 12th 2022
- Module 12 August 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th 2022 (4 Day Summer School)
100 Hour Teacher Training
5 weekends and a 4 day Summer School.
September 2022 – August 2023
Dates to be confirmed
1. Complete the pre-requisite weekend – “The Essentials of Vinyasa Krama Yoga” Workshop.
2. Submit a course application & have an interview (in person, by phone or Skype).
3. You will then be notified if your application has been successful.
TEACHING CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
1. Complete all the training modules in full.
2. Complete all tests and home study tasks satisfactorily.
3. Keep a practice diary during the course.
4. Teach an observed class as a Final Teaching Assessment & present 4 individual case studies of four sessions each.
ADDITIONAL TEACHING REQUIREMENTS
1. Indemnity Insurance – (available through Harmony Yoga scheme with Bordengates).
2. A First Aid certificate.
3. The consent of your tutor.
On completion of your training you will be able to join the VKY Teacher Register.
PRACTITIONER TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- Art & Science of Vinyasa Krama Yoga
- Yoga Therapy
- Yoga & Ayurveda
- Pranayama Methods
- Yoga Psychology & Meditation Methods
- Yoga Subtle Anatomy -Marma, Nadi, Chakra, Mantra; Body, Mind & Spirit
- Anatomy and Physiology for Vinyasa Krama Yoga
- Philosophy – Classical & Contemporary Texts: Samkhya, Yoga and Vedanta, Hatha-yoga-pradipika, Yoga Yagnavalkya, Yoga Rahasya and Yoga Makaranda
- Developing a Personal Practice
TEACHER TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- The Viniyoga of Yoga: Teaching Methodology
- Teaching Individual and Group Classes
- Anatomy and Physiology including student assessment and common health issues
- Therapeutic application of Yoga methodology
TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATION
In order to maintain the integrity of this traditional approach & the highest standards possible, this training will not be registered with an external register as we wish to set our own standard guided by the approach of this tradition.
The course tutors all have knowledge and experience far in excess of any required current training standard. We will maintain a register and full worldwide indemnity insurance will be available to graduates.
- Stephen Brandon MCMA <<Read full bio here>>
- Dr Norah Nelson <<Read full bio here>>
- Liz Richards SYT <<Read full bio here>>
For further information and full prospectus contact
Liz Richards at The Ananta Yoga Studios
Mob – 00 353 86 896 3425
Email Liz Richards – firstname.lastname@example.org