Christmas Yoga Fundraiser for Belarus Childcare – Saturday 3rd December

Saturday Yoga Fundraiser class in aid of Belarus |Childcare – 3rd December


In the spirit of giving this Christmas and on behalf of one our regular students who works and volunteers with Belarus Childcare – we will be holding the first of three consecutive Saturday morning Charity Yoga Classes for three separate charities in the run up to Christmas on Saturday the 3rd December.
Please join us – Liz Richards & Louise Curran

On – Saturday 3rd December

At – The Ananta Yoga Studios, 5, Wentworth Place, Wicklow Town

Time – 10.00am – 11.30am

Levels – All levels from beginners – advanced students welcome. If numbers permit – we will be running two classes simultaneously in both studios which will cater for different levels.

Cost – This class will be run on a donation basis. Whatever you can afford will be gratefully received by Belarus Childcare.

Bookings – Booking is essential – Call/Text Liz 086 8963425

Please help us to help others.

Belarus ChildCare is an amazing charity which has been working tirelessly to help those less fortunate in Belarus by Supporting Schools, State Homes, Families and/or Individuals.
Their main projects that they are currently planning are a trip out next May to renovate the laundry in Osipovichi Orphanage and also sending over a lorry with Aid in late April/ early May.

Osipovichi is a school and orphanage 120 km from the capital Minsk.It is home to some 90 children. Osipovichi is a state run special general educational boarding school for children with the violation of supporting motor apparatus functions.
It is a mixed school with children aging from 6 to 17.

It’s hard for the rest of the world to imagine the devastation this Chernobyl nuclear disaster has visited on the people, the children and the land. Because of the unprecedented scale of the accident, even scientists and subject experts can’t predict what the future holds for those who live in the shadow of Chernobyl.
The facts and figures listed below can’t capture the misery and anguish that the people of Belarus experience in the aftermath of the explosion, but they offer a sense of the incredible magnitude of the challenges these communities face.

•The accident released radiation 200 times greater than that released by both atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
•Only 3% of the reactor’s lethal material was expelled in the initial accident in 1986, leaving 97% within the unstable sarcophagus. It remains a “ticking time bomb”.
•70% of the radiation fell onto the population of Belarus, affecting seven million people.
•Scientists feared that a further explosion could occur, producing a force of three to five megatons, and exposing the whole of Europe to enormous radioactive contamination.