Complete Vinyasa Krama Yoga - A Nine Day Intensive with Stephen Brandon 10th - 19th August 2022
Vinyasa Krama Yoga Nine Day Summer Intensive
Complete Vinyasa Krama Yoga 9 Day Intensive
Authentic Vinyasa Krama Yoga
Tutor: Stephen Brandon
Please note – This is an in person training which will take place at
Ananta Yoga & Ayurveda, 5, Wentworth Place, Wicklow Town, Ireland
Register Interest below
This workshop is for Yoga Students and Yoga Teachers who wish to learn Vinyasa Krama Yoga in a systematic way to develop their personal practice or to broaden their knowledge for teaching. Vinyasa Krama is an art form of practising yogasanas, based on the parameters mentioned in the Yoga Sutras. Sri Krishnamacharya taught this method of asana practice in which numerous asana movements or vinyasas are practised in succession, slowly and with synchronisation of breath.
In this course you will learn Vinyasa Krama Yoga in a comprehensive manner including pranayama, bandha, mudra and meditation based on the Yoga Sutras. Stephen will transmit the method as he learnt it directly from Srivatsa Ramaswami. The entire range of vinyasas in eleven classical sequences.
- All the main sequences of Vinyasa Krama and adaptations
- An in-depth coverage of the complete Vinyasa Krama series
- A full range of tools for the practitioner or teacher to use in their personal practice and teaching situations
- Pranayama, bandha and mudras methods
- Meditation techniques are included
- Samkhya and Yoga philosophy fundamentals
- Dietary and Lifestyle regulations for Yoga
- Developing a personal practice
- Theoretical understanding of physical, mental and spiritual benefits
- The full spectrum of Krishnamacharya’s Vinyasa system as learnt directly from his long-term student, Srivatsa Ramaswami
- Practitioners and Teachers, especially those interested in the Yoga of Sri T. Krishnamacharya, will be able to add considerably to their yoga practice and knowledge in this nine day intensive summer school.
Required Course Texts:
- The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga by Srivatsa Ramaswami
- Yoga for the Three Stages of Life by Srivatsa Ramaswami
- The Vinyasa Krama Yoga Practice Manual by Stephen Brandon & Charles Cox
“Vinyasa Krama Yoga is an ancient practice of physical and spiritual development. It is a systematic method to study, practice, teach and adapt yoga. This vinyasa krama (movement and sequence methodology) approach to yogasana (yoga posture) practice is unique in all of yoga. By integrating the functions of mind, body and breath in the same time frame, a practitioner will experience the real joy of yoga practice. Each of the important postures (asanas) is practiced with many elaborate vinyasas (variations and movements). Each variation is linked to the next one by a succession of specific transitional movements, synchronized with the breath. The mind closely follows the slow, smooth, deliberate ujjayi yogic breathing; and the yoking of mind and body takes place with the breath acting as the harness.” Srivatsa Ramaswami
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all participants.
Venue: Ananta Yoga & Ayurveda, 5 Wentworth Place, Wicklow, A67 YR60, Ireland
Contact Liz Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming dates
Accommodation & meals are not included. We are happy to send information about local accommodation availability and recommended restaurants, cafes and supermarkets. Please ask if you require further information.
Day 1 10.00 – 17.30
Day 2-8 09.30 – 17.30
Day 9 09.30 – 15.30
Daily Session Schedule
(with later start on Day 1 and earlier finish on Day 9)
09.30 -11.00 Intro & Practice Session
11.00 – 11.30 Break
11.30 – 13.00 Practice Session
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch Break
14.00 – 15.30 Theory Session
15.30 – 16.00 Break
16.00 – 17.30 Practice Session
(52 Hours Tuition)
Early Booking advised. Limited Places Available.
Please email your interest/application to email@example.com or via the form below.
Further information and payment methods will be sent upon application.