A certified Weekend Workshop/Training in Hanna Somatics Fundamentals with Brian Siddartha Ingle at The Ananta Yoga Studios, The Tap, Kilbride, Co. Wicklow on Sat 20th & Sun 21st September 2014.
For both students and teachers of Yoga, Pilates and anyone with an interest in body work this is an opportunity not to be missed!
BRIAN SIDDARTHA INGLE
We are completely thrilled that Brian Siddhartha Ingle ND DO is coming to Ireland in September to teach us. What he teaches will enhance your practice, your teaching and your life to the nth degree.
Body, mind and spirit will be renewed, refreshed and at ease. After this two-day program you will be empowered with movement skills to keep you supple and free. If you are a teacher or professional already, you will be able to add to your repertoire and teach what you have learned to others. If you are a student you will learn gentle skills that can keep you free in your movement for life.
Brian teaches Thomas Hanna Somatic Movement Education.
So what is this learning and how is it different from other modalities??
Somatic movements are unlike normal exercise programs. We work with principles that improve the function of the nervous system and this creates a change from the inside.
You will learn to reverse the effects of Sensory Motor Amnesia and held patterns in the body that have kept you stuck will not begin to unwind and release.
In this intensive 2-day course you will learn:
• Somatic philosophy and history of Somatic Movement Education.
• Functional anatomy and neurophysiology as it applies to Somatics.
• What “sensory motor amnesia” is, how it occurs in the brain and central nervous system, and why it is the cause of most chronic muscular pain.
• How all humans respond reflexively to stress within three full body reflexes (green light, red light and trauma reflex).
• Assessment, how to recognize the three somatic reflex patterns in yourself and others.
• The difference between stretching and “pandiculation”, the technique used to restore voluntary sensory and motor control of muscles.
• Thomas Hanna-eight Myth of Aging movement lessons.
The movement lessons taught:
1. The back of the body, releasing the extensor muscles of the back.
2. The front of the body, releasing the flexor muscles of the front.
3. The sides of your trunk, releasing the muscles of side bending
4. Releasing the muscles of trunk rotation
5. Freeing the hips and the legs.
6. Freeing ribs, shoulders and neck.
7. Improving breathing.
8. Improving walking.
9. The Daily Practice, the “Cat Stretch”.
Each of the nine lessons will be taught and an mp.3 audioof the teaching will be given to the students at the end of the workshop. You will learn how to teach these lessons and understand the neurophysiology, anatomy and the principles of Somatics. The goal is to educate your clients to come out of chronic pain and long-term postural holding patterns.
A certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the weekend.
For more about Brian Siddartha Ingle please see http://
Cost for the full weekend – €200
Saturday 20th September 9.30am – 6.00pm
Sunday 21st September 9.00am – 6.00pm
A deposit of €50 is required to hold your place and balance in full is due by Friday 5th September.
Payment can be sent to Liz Richards, No 1, Glenkeen Court, Redcross, Co. Wicklow.
Contact Liz on 086 8963425 or Email – anantawicklow @gmail.com for further information or to book a space on this great course as its filling up fast!